The Council Bluffs Housing Trust Fund (CBHTF) recently awarded over $166,000 to the following organizations for the 2019 Grant Cycle:
- Connections Area Agency on Aging to assist seniors with unexpected housing repairs or needed modifications;
- The Municipal Housing Agency to remodel bathrooms and improve accessibility in Regal Towers;
- League of Human Dignity – to improve accessibilty for physically challenged residents;
- Habitat for Humanity to build a new home for an income eligible home buyer;
- Micah House to renovate showers in shelter for families;
- Heartland Family Service to replace floor coverings in women and family housing;
- Vocational Development Center for accessible bathroom in developmentally disabled housing;
- New Visions for flooring in long-term shelter.
With this year’s awards, CBHTF has invested almost $1.5 million in affordable housing since 2011. The Trust Fund provides grants and loans for affordable housing, including new construction and rehabilitation of existing units, either single or multi-family. It receives funds from the Iowa Finance Authority, the Iowa West Foundation, Pottawattamie County and from private donations.